Our Training and Seminar Services
For 20 years Bacal & Associates has been delivering seminars on a consultative, custom designed basis on a number of topics connected to management and or customer service.
We only schedule a limited amount of days each year to deliver training, so if you are interested in retaining our services, please contact us as soon as is possible.
In addition to training seminars to build skills and understanding we also do keynote speaking and conference presentations.
Contact us to talk about your training needs.The best way to do so is to email us at [email protected] Then we can schedule a telephone conversation. That will save time avoiding telephone tag. If you prefer to try calling our number is (613) 764-0241.
Robert Bacal will deliver training in areas where he is competent and experiences. This is important because many trainers try to be "Jack's of all Trades", and that often results in a situation where an ill-prepared trainer knows little more than the learners. Expect an honest answer about whether your needs will a) be amendable to training, and b) whether Robert is the best person. Often, he's not. He'll tell you.
Most of the areas in which Robert can design and deliver training reflect his published books. If a subject has some relation to these books on customer service, management, small business, performance management, consulting, etc, then there's probably a good fit. Also if you want to get a sense of Robert's approach check out his books, and his various websites (you can access those under the topics menu towards the top of the page).
Here's a short list of topics Robert is comfortable with:
- Dealing with difficult and challenging customers
- Moving towards a culture of customer service (or any kinds of organizational culture change).
- An overview of the strategic planning function, and how to do it.
- Carrying out the performance review meeting.
- How to make performance management and appraisal work so everyone wins.
- Diagnosing performance problems
- Most small business topics
- Most conflict related topics
- Many leadership topics
- Some areas of consulting and training
Our Business & Training Principles
- We do not deliver canned training programs. Each seminar is custom built to serve your needs, not generic needs.
- We recognize both time and money are in short supply. We try to work within time constraints and provide additional learning material that can be used after seminars so learning can continue and transfer to the job.
- Our pricing is almost always a total price for training and materials, and is quoted to you in advance. No surprises. Expenses if travel is required are kept as low as possible, since our customers shouldn't be paying hotels and airlines more than they are paying for our services.
- We determine price WITH the client and work with you to make fees fair and realistic. Training fees vary hugely depending on region, industry, and so on, and we make special efforts to meet the needs within your budget. We trust our customers to negotiate with us fairly and in good faith.
- Robert Bacal is the only individual delivering training, and he is well versed and experienced in the topics he delivers, and has designed the seminars for you. That's important because a superior training experience for learners requries a trainer who knows a wide range of things about the topic and, and breadth of knowledge.
- We believe that training should be involving and interactive, but we also believe that people simply don't have time to spend on fluff activities during training.
- We believe that participants at a training session can learn from each other, and that the trainer can learn from them. Unlike many other trainers, we see the group leader as someone who participants can learn from, because s/he has a greater degree of knowledge, wisdom and/or ability to stimulate thinking than others less skilled. This IS different than how most trainers think.